For those of you fans of OpenStreetMap, I just uploaded JOSM 3094 to Sid.
I had to heavily patch this version, to disable OAuth support. Yes, you won't be able to use it with the Debian package. The reason is simple: supporting OAuth requires a set of packages not yet available in Debian. I've filed ITPs, and blocked bugs appropriately, but it'll take some time until the full chain is available.
In the meanwhile, enjoy! Go in the streets and map the world!
I just approved his request for joining the DKMS team. Welcome on board!
I'm glad to announce that we accepted a new member in bash-completion's upstream team: Dan-Leonard Crestez. He's an active guy in the F/OSS world, and I'm glad he's now in our team.
Welcome on board!
WICD 1.7.0-1 just landed in Unstable! This is supposed to be the last 1.* release -- upstream will actively work on 2.0, and fix bugs on 1.7 only if they're serious enough. I will obviously support 1.7 until 2.0 comes out
I just uploaded WICD 1.7.0~b3 to experimental. This was supposed to be the last pre-release before the official one, but a ~b4 has just been released, adding one more patch I'm keeping in debian/patches/. Luckily enough, my previous big hacking to split the source code (to make it easier for packagers to have separate binary packages) has been merged upstream! So one less patch for me to maintain
It would be cool if experienced people (this is not (yet) for the faint of heart!) could test this package, before 1.7.0 gets released as stable and I upload it to sid. Or maybe you could just want to help us
Let's find bugs now!
Just had some time in the last two days, and here's the list of uploaded NMUs. So far, I had only one maintainer complaining (again, sorry!), but I must admit that on Sunday I just didn't follow the correct NMU procedure
Anyhow, here's what I have:
- #504824 [libnids] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: #elif used instead of #else
- #504864 [omnievents] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504871 [bookmarkbridge] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504902 [libofa] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504943 [libassa] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504963 [libfcgi] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504970 [italc] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #504973 [libspiff] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #505021 [passepartout] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #505078 [codeine] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #505333 [gloox] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #505372 [bobot++] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #505420 [esteidutil] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #510759 [log4cxx] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #526151 [openmovieeditor] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #551107 [fusecompress] FTBFS with GCC 4.4: missing #include
- #551718 [eboard] eboard: FTBFS with latest eglibc and gcc 4.4
Most of these bugs, if not all, already had a patch attached. Thanks to Martin Michlmayr for his work on this!
Regarding fusecompress, after my upload to DELAYED/2, the maintainer promptly replied asking for sponsorship of a package he already had. So this does not really count
If you want to participate in this great game too, and improve our loved distribution, you can have a look at this list of possibly easy bugs to fix.
Why is wicd NEW? Simple, I managed to split the files into separate packages.
As soon as it clears NEW, those who are using experimental will be able to install a cli-only wicd, i.e. no more unnecessary throwing in of GTK+ and X
I will make a call for testing as soon as this package clears the queue. Hope I didn't make too much mistakes
Finally, it happened! I became a Debian Developer!
I wish to thank everybody involved in this process: from those who helped me in my initial packaging efforts, to who actually created the account.
Many thanks to the pkg-perl team for accepting newbies and helping them: props to Damyan Ivanov, Gregor Herrmann, Gunnar Wolf!
Thanks to Debian-Med and Debian CLI: they always believed in me, and I had a great time in these teams. A special thanks goes to Andreas Tille, who advocated my NM candidature.
Thanks to my two AMs, Bart Martens and Bernd Zeimetz. Even if my NM was long, difficult and not so flawless, it all went good, at the end :).
A special thanks to Enrico Zini: he was the first DD signing my GPG key, thus allowing me to have more "rights" (being a DM), and experience some more responsibility than I previously had. Thanks to his "Become a DD. NOW!" right after checking my ID in Palermo -- Enrico, it finally happened!
Thanks to Christoph Berg, Ron Lee, and Stephen Gran, which handled the final steps of the overall process.
And now, dapal is here to break the world. Be warned!
Here we go, another release has been cooked for your enjoyment: bash-completion 1.1 is here!
This release's development cycle has seen the release of bash4: this introduced a number of bugs, which have been hopefully fixed. Blame us if you find any other
Many completions were split out of bash_completion: this prepares the road to dynamic loading of needed completions (in a future major release), resulting in a smaller and faster completion!
Furthermore, like each release, many new completions have been added, many old ones were improved, and some bugs have been fixed (more than 20). For more info, look at the changelog file.
Still there? Go download bash-completion-1.1!
For the Debian users out there: package coming soon!
In two days (well, two evenings really), I've been able to cope with a good number of bugs:
- #543063 - ann: FTBFS: /bin/sh: aclocal-1.10: not found (DELAYED/7 RFS!)
- #527823 - elisa-plugins-bad: FTBFS: rm: cannot remove `/build/user-elisa-plugins-bad_0.3.5-1-amd64-0hSRfJ/elisa-plugins-ba d-0.3.5/debian/elisa-plugins-bad//usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/. pth': No such file or directory *(DELAYED/2 RFS!)
- #536924 - gai: FTBFS: gai-private.h:66:35: error: libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h: No such file or directory (DELAYED/10)
- #537019 - gimp-dcraw: FTBFS: Unrecognized switch --build-strip (DELAYED/2)
- #536945 - hdate-applet: FTBFS: hdate_applet.c:21:35: error: libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h: No such file or directory (DELAYED/7)
- #519056 - im-sdk: FTBFS with glibc 2.8 (DELAYED/2 RFS!)
- #536964 - im-sdk: FTBFS: Package libglade-2.0 was not found (RFS! - see above)
- #543083 - libcsoap: FTBFS: aclocal-1.10: not found (DELAYED/7)
- #543036 - honeyd: FTBFS: configure: error: dumbnet-config not found (closed, unreproducible)
- #543045 - farpd: FTBFS: configure: error: libdumbnet not found (closed, unreproducible)
- #536967 - glunarclock: FTBFS: configure: error: Library requirements (libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0 ) not met (0-day)
- #521942 - jabsorb: FTBFS: Missing Build-Depends on servlet-api and commons-httpclient (0-day)
I must admit that some of them (didn't count them, might also be the greatest part of them) already had patches, and I just prepared the NMU. For others, there were other FTBFS's other than the ones filed, and those were fixed too.
It would be extra cool if some DD uploaded the remaining 3 NMUs!
I also had time to release and package syslog-summary 1.14, but, not being DMUA yet, I'd need a sponsor for that too (but I'll probably ask my AM, since this upload sets DMUA).
Your friendly neighborhood hanska